SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#371067 - 08/26/13 08:50 AM BASS PLACEMENT FOR "F"
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi guys,

This has been bugging me for years when arranging. Where do most of you place "F" in the bass line? Is it above the natural "C" played in bass or does it fall an octave lower, which is below the standard "C" played? To me, the bass always sounds weak with resonance by playing say, "F" or "G" above the "C" played bass note. I like the sound of the lower played "F" and "G" but the bass doesn't sound loud enough. Perhaps too low. I do like the "G" in that range and does come through nicely. I am probably answering my own question by having to accept the "F" above the "C" played because it does sound louder and I suppose to an agree, more natural. This applies to acoustic bass only and not electric bass. With electric bass, the "F" above the "C" played sounds fine.

Mark

#371075 - 08/26/13 11:23 AM Re: BASS PLACEMENT FOR "F" [Re: kitkat]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The amp/speaker combination will tell you which works best. The lower notes require more power and range to sound their best. I use all the notes all over the neck for deifferent situations, but those low Fs and Gs are great for guts and power through the right amp.

#371088 - 08/26/13 02:26 PM Re: BASS PLACEMENT FOR "F" [Re: Uncle Dave]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Thanks for your reply, Uncle Dave. I should have made myself more clear by saying that I am referring to bass work in the COMPOSER of the KN7000 and its response when playing an "F" chord. In placing the bass in PART SETTING to "E" it will change the bass note "F" to play an octave lower. Further analyzing playback in general, I think the bass note playing "F" above the standard "C" bass note sounds the best and probably, the normal position for a bass player to play it.

Mark

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online